Thursday, January 29, 2009

Orbiting Virginia

Thanks to my brother Beau getting the word out and the rest of my family contributing to a slightly excessive purchase on behalf of Baby number 1, my unborn child is the beneficiary of a beautiful and highly functional stroller. Whilst in Korea I was recently pregnant and perusing the internet for important baby items...car seats, strollers, cribs etc. When on the crate and barrel website I came across what looked like a very streamlined, compact yet pricey stroller. They had a link to the stroller website including an informational video and I was quickly convinced that this stroller was worth investigating more despite the cost. After researching, comparing the Orbit with many other strollers and reading countless consumer reviews from both sides, Chas and I pretty much decided that we would use dishtowels for diapers and use a laundry basket as a crib in order to have this stroller. When we shared this desire with my family they were skeptical but being the youngest and the most spoiled they all indulged me enough to look into it. Their contemplation turned into action and effective January 18th we became proud owners of a Mocha Orbit stroller. It is parked in my living room waiting for a tiny passenger named Olive. I can't wait to try it out and I know that Olive and I will have many comfortable power walks with the Orbit, not mention the rest of our children to come who will all partake of the pneumatic tires and completely washable microfiber lining.
(*Disclaimer...I do not read People, or US magazines. I don't care what Brad and Angelina's kids are wearing and I could care less if Gwen Stafani is "Hollywood's hottest mom". I wanted the Orbit before I knew of it's popularity among the stars and before it was on The Office. It would seem that I just happen to have really good taste and my supportive husband likes seemingly NASA made baby gadgets. :)

Here is Chas practicing putting a diaper on a butternut squash. It's his first time with a squash and baby for that matter real or pretend.

3 comments:

erin said...

Lacey I'm so excited for you two, and I love your stroller, I've never seen one like that here in Australia, that's cool! I changed my blog so that it's not private, it wasn't for family only I was just trying something different but my grandma couldn't get into it and didn't like it so I had to change it haha. Oh well, we're back for everyone to see tho, it's fun keeping up with your family on here! All the best in your final prep for Olive!

georgeandmarie said...

Very cute!! Now we need to come out and see you guys, Olive (when she gets here), and your new house!! Good Luck with the birth, you'll be great! Let us know when it happens!! We love you!!

Cody said...

You two crack me up! A butternut squash? Lacey, how are you feeling? And how's Virginia?

Utah sucks. But we already knew what we were getting into so.... Come back and visit!