Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Baby in mama's belly"

This is a phrase we use a lot lately with Olive. Trying to ease her into the idea of a new little person being added to our family. She doesn't get it at all, but she will when there is a whole person taking me away from her throughout our days together. I have a Dr. appointment next Monday and I will have a better idea then of my due date. For now it is sometime the end of July. I am about 12 weeks along and starting to feel better, hence the new found effort to blog.

It is strange to think about sharing my love, time and patience with a whole new being on top of Olive. There are so many new emotions that you experience with the second pregnancy. It's definitely a good thing we have 9+ months to prepare.

12 comments:

Ronielle said...

What exciting news! Congratulations!

Anna K. said...

Yayyyyy! I am so excited for you guys! That is cool that our kids are so close in age. If only we lived closer....

modestmuse said...

Yayyy! Congrats! Can't wait to see you guys and FINALLY meet Olive! :)

Taylor said...

congrats!

heidi said...

Don't you worry--It is amazing how easily you can share your heart and it is so so so fun to see them loving each other too.

Tiff said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to the club. It seems like everyone is having babies through the next 6 months. We are due in the beginning of July. I am worried about the transition with Kylee as well.

Blessed Beyond Measure-The Hollemans said...

YEA!!!! I was just thinking about you and wondering when I would hear news of you being prego! :) I am so excited for you...I didn't know how I would love two little ones so much but you just do :) It's amazing! Love you and so happy for you.

Melanie and Ernie said...

I just posted similar feelings, Rachel posted similar feelings. I thinks we are all normal, but I gotta say I think the feelings intensify as it gets closer. I'm getting more and more sentimental and emotional about it as I only have 10 weeks left. Enjoy your time with lil Olive girl...and congrats for joining the huge 2nd pregnancy club of Alexandria...haha Hope all is well!

Andrew and Ariel said...

That's so exciting! Congrats! We should definitely get together now that we're back in DC!

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sooo excited for you guys! Keep us posted!

mj said...

Hey Lacey!

I was just checking in at modestmuse's blog and clicked on her link to get over here. I meant to tell you congrats when we saw you guys a couple weeks ago but it was kind of impossible to have a conversation with anyone. I hope you are feeling well. I can totally guess how it must feel. I'm just starting to think about trying for #2 and how wonderful but sad it will be to not have just Adele-mommy time anymore.

fox said...

Weehooo! Congrats you guys! Next step: PUPPY???