Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No Sleep 'til...






I read a study once that goes like this.  Put a man in a room with no environmental clues as to what time of the day it is.  Other than that, he will perform the normal activities of work, cooking, entertainment etc.  Eventually his body will switch from an 8 hour sleep-at-night schedule, to short intermittent cat naps throughout.  It was claimed that is a more efficient way of operating.  I can now say this is completely false.  I try it every night and constantly feel exhausted.  Olive is worth it though.  Those are some shots we took this morning of the 10 day old babe.

6 comments:

heidi said...

i love the one eyed towel girl--what great pictures. and what a great little model. one day you too will sleep through the night again--and boy will you fall in love with that little girl ten fold when that happens. :) love you and kiss her for us.

erin said...

I love the photos, especially how wide eyed she is in the last two!! She is so precious!

Taralyn said...

Awesome job! Those pics are great. Helps that the DNA is so good too :)

Corbin said...

Nice work, but where did you find disembodied floating arms? I've looked in every photography store, every prop shop. I even went to the morgue. I guess half of being a great photographer is who you know.

Andrew and Ariel said...

Love the pics! I'm with you- you need at least 7 or 8 hours uninterrupted sleep to really feel rested.

Katherine said...

So funny and so true. We love you guys and hope all is perfect with sweet little Olive!