Friday, February 6, 2009

Olive joins the tree



I witnessed the most amazing thing this morning. Here is how it went down:

5:00 pm While shopping for window treatments at target Lacey mentioned that her contractions were getting a bit stronger. I didn't think much of it and left for school.
10:00pm I arrive home to see Lacey and mom counting minutes and writing down numbers. Whoa!
1:00am Lacey tries to sleep but the contractions are coming on strong too strong
4:00am After 3 hours of me trying to convince her it's better to be safe than sorry, and her trying to convince me she'd rather be at home in our king memory foam bed than in a birth center we pack up and leave.
4:30am Arrive at Birth Care in Old Town Alexandria
5:30am After soaking in the tub, and being the toughest girl I've ever seen through some big contractions, Lacey crawls into bed for the final 45 min of pushing.
6:00am Watching Lacey give birth 100% natural was incredible. No screaming, just concentrated breathing and pushing. I've lost the right to complain about anything, ever.
6:23am We grew a new Olive on our family tree. The most perfect thing I've ever been a part of making.


Click here for a sample of only the "G" rated shots of the evening.

15 comments:

Anna K. said...

She is soooo sweet and adorable. You look great Lacey! She is a perfect addition to your family! The pictures are very nice too.

Nathan said...

Olive looks just like Chas!

Nathan said...

A really cute girl baby Chas.

erin said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Ronielle said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to meet her.

Sasha said...

Congratulations! What a great and FAST birth!! I am so excited for you guys!

Rachel said...

Whoa! She looks just like Chas!

Rachel said...

how adorable!

Rachel said...

I just looked at the pictures from the link. I love them.

Andrew and Ariel said...

Beautiful baby! Well done, Lacey! You still look so beautiful! Great documentation, too. Congratulations!

Just Friends said...

YEAH!! we are so glad she is here and is healthy! Way to go going all natural...you are amazing...I did it, and would never choose it, so good for you! Cant wait to come see you guys!!

Corbin said...

Wow! Talk about super cute! Especially the little tufts of short, dark hair and the chubby little cheeks! And the baby is pretty cute, too.

Congratulations, you guys! Lacey, you are amazingly tough.

Mejkin said...

YAY!!! congrats you guys! we're so excited to meet the little gal. we leave for DC on sunday and will be there for 3 weeks. hope to see you soon!

Rachel G said...

Congratulations!! I think it's great that you did it all natural. Hope to meet up with you next time I'm in VA!

modestmuse said...

Congratulations! I was so excited to hear this news and glad to finally be able to get online to see the photos!! You guys are amazing and have made a beautiful little girl!Way to go Lacey, you did it, natural mama!