Thursday, March 5, 2009

We miss Grandma Annie!

My mom has been here for the past five weeks. She arrived one week before Olive came and just left on Thursday. Some people might hate having their mothers stay for this long but I am not that way. My mom is the most wonderful woman. She is so helpful and fun and I have loved having her here. She helped me through the delivery and pretty much waited on me hand and foot for two or more weeks after. She made sure I ate well and she took such good care of the baby so I could sleep and not worry. Having her visit was a huge blessing and now our house seems pretty empty.

Every time Olive cries I say, "I know baby I miss Grandma too". I feel sad when I go into the guest room. It feels like her room because she was the first one to stay in it as our guest. It is a bummer at night when Chas is at school and I have no one over the age of 1 month to hang out with; at least we have iChat. Thank you mama for taking such good care of me and my family and for sacrificing so much of your time to come and be with us. It was the greatest comfort and I am so grateful.

Here are a few pictures of her with Olive, who happens to be number 12 of her 13 grandchildren.

2 comments:

modestmuse said...

Awwww .... your mom is so sweet, kind and beautiful! That's so nice she could be there for you. Olive is so precious.

Andrew and Ariel said...

That's great your mom was able to be there. My mom was sure a life-saver for me too! Here's to moms!