Friday, April 10, 2009

Wonderful Spring

(Too sunny for my eyes but we only got one :)

Today was an amazing Spring day. We woke and went for a power walk/run and stretch in the park. It's amazing how motivating it is when your not freezing once outside. Then we went to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival. We missed the blossoms though as they were already falling off and not so cherry looking anymore. But there were happy people picnic-ing, sleepy people taking naps on the grass, bike riders, families on spring break and awesome paddle boaters. Chas decided to use our over priced camera to make a few time lapse movies of the bustling festival goers.



This Spring has been overwhelming for me. In Virginia there are so many trees and for the last 5 or so years of my life, since moving from Seattle I haven't lived anywhere with so many coniferous varieties. Let's recap, Hawaii has a rainy and a dry season not really spring so much. Spain has a lot of bird poop on the sidewalks and I'm sure beautiful spring trees in the country, but I wasn't in the country and it was the coldest winter in 30 years and never really ended in the 4 months I was there. Korea, oh Korea...they did have some beautiful Magnolia trees with lots of large blossoms, they were a wonderful discovery but they like the cherry blossoms were fleeting and they were the only good thing about Spring in Korea. Now I find myself in Virginia, it's bursting with trees and it is making my heart overflow with happiness. Every time I'm outside I am constantly telling Chas to look all over the place at the colorful spectacle of buds and blossoms popping out of nowhere. Today was a wonderful climax for this joyous season.

Back to the day. After the festival we went to a Korean restaurant with Chas' parents. It was the first time we had had Korean food since moving back and it was so delicous and exactly the same. On the way home Olive was super tired and ready for bed after having such an exciting day. So she was crying her little head off in the most unusual way in her car seat. Finally she started nodding off with her hand gripped tightly around Daddy's pinkie finger. I looked over and saw her eyes getting heavier along with Chas' and they quietly drifted off into a sweet slumber together. I wish I could have taken a picture but I think you can imagine the cuteness.

I hope everyone else is enjoying Spring as much as I am.

3 comments:

Andrew and Ariel said...

I forgot you guys were in VA! That's where we'll be this summer! We'll have to get together.

Taralyn said...

I love Spring in Virginia :)

Katherine said...

She's so adorably rolly-polly! Loved the story about her and Dad. Happy B-day Chas!