Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving in AZ

Chas and I went to Arizona for Thanksgiving and it was so much fun. Both of his Grandmothers are there and lots of other relatives. His Grammy Walton turned 89 on turkey day so we had a huge family/feast/fiesta with the Walton side. Olive liked meeting her distant relatives but she liked WALKING more. That's right my sweet 9.5 month old took her first steps in the desert and has been progressing every day since. She also picked up a few words that we have been working on. This past week she started using them much m0re frequently and clearly. Her word repertoire consists of the following:

dada
light
ball
up
(sign) milk
(sign) all done

she also loves to do the sounds for sheep, doggy, and cow

BAAAA WOOF WOOF MOOOOO

it is so freaking cute

here are some pics from the trip

Chas thought there were too many pictures...he might be right but it's for posterity so just skim :)


Four generations

Corbin and Alice (Chas' brother and his sweet wife with a baby in her belly)


Many of the grandchildren

The turkey roaster, called the China Box. It was very efficient (5 turkey's at once) and probably the best turkey I've ever had.




My baby and me

Pretty cake for the woman of the hour

The next day we went to the Mesa temple and after had a fun time at Gary and Fran's. Olive liked playing on the various scooting devices and we had fun scooting her around.




5 comments:

modestmuse said...

Um, definitely NOT too many pictures!! Some of us don't get to see all your sweet faces that often! Everyone looks so great, I'm sad that we missed such a great occasion with everyone. Congrats to Olive on her first steps! And congrats to Corbin and Alice!! HELLO, are we the last to know?! :)

Chelsea said...

Hi Lacey! I can't believe that she's walking!

Hyder Ali said...

I'm so bummed that I didn't get to see you guys while you were in AZ. I actually tried calling Chas and Corbin on the numbers listed in the Clawson Family Directory...but both were wrong. Meh. Oh well, glad you guys had fun, and that you made it down to Safford too. I can't believe Olive is walking! Afton just started taking a few steps on his own, and he's 11 months (today).

Landmark Lighting said...

Cute Pictures!

Melanie and Ernie said...

That lat picture of Olive is so stinkin cute, I love it.