Sunday, May 8, 2011

green spagetti




It's not always easy to find something Olive will chow down on besides cereal. Pesto pasta is one exception. I made it for dinner the other night and away she went. It is strange but I can't describe the feeling when you watch your child devouring and enjoying something delicious you made.

Here is the recipe if you want to try it on your little one:

2 cups fresh basil leaves
a little less than one cup olive oil
1 cup grated parm
1 tsp salt
1/4 c. (heaping) pine nuts
2 cloves of fresh garlic

Blend it in a food processor or good blender and pour over any pasta while the pasta is still hot. My favorite is angel hair. You can also grill chicken with it and serve with parm on the top.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Look how long her hair is! I love that pasta and am really going to make this recipe!

Melanie said...

Yum yum....i love new recipes. I'll definitely add this to my list.

Rachey said...

I'm excited to finally have your pesto recipe! I will be trying this soon for sure. Olive looks so grown up in some of the more recent pics! I love her new hair cut, it is so cute. Hope all is well with you. Looking forward to pics of baby girl #2.