Friday, May 27, 2011

Virginia Beach

Olive and I got go with Gina (my sister in-law who lives across the street, thank heaven) to VA beach a week or so ago. We just stayed the night and played at the beach one day but it was a great intro to Spring and Summer. Virginia beach is a strange town, it's stuck in the 70's with some new hotels and lots of funny motels and diners. Olive and I were glued to the beach and dug around for hours. Making sand cakes in our yellow bucket and eventually taking a much needed nap right on our towel.



She is looking at the kids running into the water. Yelling, it's not warm, because I kept telling her was too cold to go in. Cold oceans are for dads not pregnant moms.




While I was there I got to indulge in a new favorite book. The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett. My brother Sean recommended it and I always trust his judgement. Just don't look for a plot and enjoy the simplicity. I am not one for reading books over but this might just become an annual summer read.

1 comment:

heidi said...

Where is Zulabelle? :( I need some pictures ASAP. I know she is probably so big and cute and we're missing it. Hurry send some pictures quick!!!!!!!! And don't forget a lot of Olive too--she's almost 3!!!!! Wholly cow!