Thursday, August 27, 2009

happy birthday 6 month old baby

How did this go by so fast. I am six months and becoming such an independent mover and shaker. The past month things have really changed for me.

Check these off the list of things I can now do:

I can roll over and back and over again
Sit up
Play with toys and reach and grab
Say dta dta (I say what sounds like da da but I prefer the "t" sound to the "d") I think that guy everyone calls Dada likes this.
I can drink a bottle and hold it on my own (somewhat)
Pick up the pacifier and put it in my mouth all by myself
I enjoy the cinema (Babies First Sign by Baby Einstein)
Avid reader and eater of board books
Speaking of which, I'm expanding my culinary pallet. I have been known to eat something other than moms milk. A little rice cereal and pureed spinach or prunes. These are not my favorite and the rice makes me a bit constipated hence the spinach. Too much information?


Here I am eating prunes, don't worry not chocolate pudding.


To do list for the next six months:
I have a secret plan to do away with afternoon naps. The trick is to slowly wake up earlier and earlier until mom and dad don't know what hit 'em.
Stay awake on my morning walks with mom
Crawl or walk whichever one I like best.

Until February...

4 comments:

modestmuse said...

Congrats, Olive! I can't get over your big blue eyes. I'm jealous that Uncle Neil gets to spend so much time visiting you in a couple weeks!!

Lacey said...

Yay! I can't ever tell. it's hard to see yourself in others I guess. The only thing I know for sure is that the blue eyes are mine.

Katherine said...

She looks so grownup- you know in that grown-up baby way...:)

Taralyn said...

Olive, we're missing it all!!! We miss you!